Subject: Re:Character animation
From: [email-masked] (Fernando Martins)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 07:21:06 -0700

>As many animators know and will tell you, effective character animation
>doesn't come from any software package but from the heart and soul of the
>"artist". It doesn't matter if you are using one of Pixar's super-wowie
>machines or an Etch-A-Sketch, it's how creativly you decide to use the
>particular tool.

After many logo anims, exploding ships, rippling fountains and other small
easy-to-do animations, I finally decided to use bones to do something more
useful than deforming soda cans.

I knew that would be a difficult task to learn and I respected everyone who
does character animation out there.

So, I started by what I thought that would be the easyest approach: pickup any
object and start applying bones to it.

I used the cow :)  God, those legs started to brake everywhere and don't
deform anything as I expected.

Did anyone do this kind of stuff? Like picking up humanoid and make it move?
Or the cow, or any other stuff? Can someone tell me where is a scene already
made where I could look and study? Any tutorials out there?

Can some character gurus help me start in this? Like Larry Shultz (I guess)

Thans a lot.

PS: After my experiments, I don't respect anymore those character animators...
I venerate them :)

__________________________________________________________________________
        __ _ _
       /_ /|/|          2D and 3D Animation / Special Effects
      /  /   |         http://homepage.esoterica.pt/~fmartins/
      Graphics               (sorry, no english yet...)
       Wizard!                 [email-masked]